Friday, July 27, 2012

General Rant

I am currently working on a few amplifiers for a friend to clean out my work shop before I begin working on my own projects.

In the course of researching one of the amplifiers (trying to find schematics or any other repair notes that might be helpful), I came across a forum thread which really frustrated me.  I try and remember that forums are largely unmoderated and that everybody is entitled to their opinion.  I found this post a bit difficult to swallow.

A major boutique manufacturer of pedals and amps suggested that a good tech shouldn't need a schematic to repair an amplifier.

General misinformation on the web...What makes me different?  Nothing.  Take everything with a grain of salt.   Do your research and make your own conclusions.


No comments:

Post a Comment